One of the foundational requirements of health is an adequate fuel supply…aka food.
The food you eat drives energy production in the body and provides raw materials for cellular repair and growth.
Eat By Design focuses on fueling your body for what your genes expect. The focus is on foods with the greatest nutritional density with the least toxicity.
With that in mind, we’ve prepared a list of 10 easy, By Design recipes you can prepare in under 10 minutes.
For those of who have been through the 30 Day Eat By Design Challenge, you know it can be tough to constantly think of new meal ideas, especially when switching from a primarily processed food or grain-based diet….
…so we want to make the transition as easy as possible for you.
These recipes include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks…
Join us for the next Eat By Design Workshop and your Challenge registration is included!
Download Your Eat By Design Manual Here
Tired of jumping on every new diet trend? Learn a simple and sustainable alternative to start eating more healthy today!
Eat By Design works in harmony with your body's genetic make-up and design. It is not a diet, but instead an approach to fulfilling the nutritional requirements of the body for optimal function.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The One Thing You Should Eat at EVERY Meal
- What Type of Fat Won't Make You Fat
- 3 Health Foods To Avoid At All Costs
Breakfast: Chocolate “Peanut Butter” Protein Smoothie Bowl
Prep Time: 5 Minutes Total Time: 5 Minutes
Makes 2-3 servings
- 3 frozen bananas
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 heaping scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup raw or toasted mixed nuts
- ¼ cacao nibs
- 1-2 bananas, chopped
- Place bananas, almond milk, protein powder, sunflower seed butter, cocoa powder, honey, and vanilla extract in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into 2-3 bowls and top with all toppings and whatever toppings you prefer.
Breakfast: 6 Ingredient Breakfast Pizza Baked Peppers
Prep Time: 10 minutes Bake Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Makes 3 servings
- 1 pound ground italian sausage
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, chopped
- 4-5 basil leaves, torn
- 6 eggs, whisked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 3 bell peppers, cut in half, seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut bell peppers in half and place in an greased 8×8 rimmed baking dish cut side up. (If any of the bell pepper halves are leaving to the side, ball up a piece of aluminum foil and place it in the crevices to help keep them sitting up right – this will keep the egg mixture for pouring out).
- Place Italian sausage in a medium pan over medium heat. Break up with a wooden spoon. Once browned, add chopped mushrooms and cook until soft. Lastly, add pizza sauce, basil and a bit of salt and pepper then mix to combine.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl then pour in Italian sausage mixture and whisk to combine.
- Use a ladle to pour mixture into each pepper half.
- Place in oven to bake for 45-50 minutes, or until egg is completely cooked through and no jiggle remains.
- Let cool slightly before eating!
FREE DOWNLOADGet Your FREE Guide & Learn 3 Things You Are Probably Doing Wrong For Your Health
NEED HELP?Schedule A Complimentary Consultation With One Of Our Doctors
BOOK MY FREE CONSULT
ATTEND A LIVE WORKSHOPBuild your blueprint for an extraordinary life and discover the requirements for living your Life By Design
GET MY TICKET
Snack: Honey Vanilla Cashews
Prep Time: 5 minutes Bake Time: 12 minutes Total Time: 17 minutes
Makes 2 cups
- 2 cups raw cashews (sprouted and dehydrated if you have the patience and time)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon melted ghee
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dump cashews in a large bowl. Add honey, ghee, vanilla, and salt.
- Mix well until coated.
- Spread the nuts on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the nuts for 6 minutes. Stir. Bake for another 6 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
Snack: Bite-Sized Raspberry Popsicles
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups water
- Ice cube tray
- 4-5 Popsicle sticks, with each stick cut into 3 equal pieces
- Combine the water and raspberries in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the mixture sticks to a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and drain using a fine sieve to remove unwanted seeds.
- Pour the mixture into each hole of an ice cube tray.
- Place a popsicle stick piece into each hole, and freeze for at least 2 hours before eating. (If the popsicle sticks won’t stay upright in the holes, stick the tray in the freezer and let it freeze for half an hour and then try again)
- You can also add fresh raspberries to the popsicles before freezing.
Lunch: Coconut Lime Chicken Soup
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 2 lbs. cooked chicken, cut into pieces
- 15 oz. (1 can + a few tablespoons) coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 cup broccoli, shredded
- 1 cup rutabaga, shredded
- 2 tsp. Thai seasoning
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ginger
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- Combine the chicken broth, coconut milk, lime juice, Thai seasoning, shredded vegetables and chicken pieces in a large saucepan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are getting slightly tender.
- Serve warm, with lime wedges.
Lunch: Nicoise-Ish Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups of purple cauliflower, blanched (directions below), chilled
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and blanched just until tender, chilled
- 1 cup of sliced bell peppers
- ½ small red onion, sliced thinly
- 5 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, chopped into squares
- 18-ounce wild-caught tuna
- 3 hardboiled free-range eggs, quartered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ teaspoon stone ground mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together all ingredients for vinaigrette.
- Place all salad ingredients in a bowl together and drizzle with vinaigrette dressing.
Dinner: Garlic Mustard Beef Skewers
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes 8 servings
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ cup grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon wheat free tamari
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 10-12 skewers
- Cut the beef into bite sized pieces and place in an airtight container or large Ziploc bag to marinade.
- Combine the mustard, tamari, apple cider vinegar and honey and pour over the beef.
- Mix together the minced garlic, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Pour overtop of the beef and again, combine.
- Leave to marinade for 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat your barbecue to low-medium heat.
- If your skewers are wooden, soak in water for 5 minutes.
- Assemble the beef on the skewer, placing 5 pieces of beef per skewer.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking.
Dinner: Shrimp Piccata Pasta
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 4 zucchinis, peeled and spiralized
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter or ghee
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup chicken stock
- zest of ½ lemon
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons capers
- fresh cracked black pepper, to garnish
- fresh parsley, chopped (to garnish)
- Peel and spiralize zucchini into noodles. Then place on a couple layers of paper towels and place another paper towel on top then let sit while you prep the shrimp. You’ll want it to sit for 5+ minutes to help remove the excess water.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of butter. Once hot, season shrimp with salt and garlic powder then place in the pan to cook for 1-2 minutes per side, until they become pink and the tails begin to curl. Remove from pan and set aside. Add garlic and shallot to the hot pan and sauté for about 3 minutes, until fragrant and the shallot begins to become translucent. Add the butter then once melted, add lemon juice, chicken stock and zest to the pan, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a low boil. Add lemon slices and capers and reduce heat to low. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until lemon slices have softened.
- Add shrimp and zucchini noodles to the pan, toss to coat and let cook for another 2-3 minutes, until shrimp is warmed through and noodles have softened a bit.
- Serve with freshly cracked black pepper and fresh parsley on top!
Dessert: Quick and Easy Peach Sorbet
Prep Time: 7 minutes Freezer Time: 2 hours Total Time: 2 hours, 7 minutes
Makes 3-4 servings
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 peaches
- Lime juice
- Peel, slice, and freeze the peaches and banana for 2 hours or overnight.
- Once frozen, add to a food processor with a squirt of lime juice and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Dessert: Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes Bake Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes
Makes 2 dozen cookies
- 3 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- ½ cup Virgin Coconut Oil, unrefined
- ½ cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Omega 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cups Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl beat eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and beat with hand mixer until combined.
- Melt coconut oil, pour into batter, and continue to blend until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, drop balls of cookie dough, about a tablespoon in size.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and serve with a cold glass of almond milk!
Share this Post